Welcome week 33… another week down! Currently, 47 days to go … We are ready for you baby boy. This past weekend my mother in law helped me get everything ready in his room. Wall decals are placed, crib bedding is set, and all baby clothes are washed and put away. The carseat is out of the box and ready. Pampers are waiting on standby. I am even proud to say that I have my hospital bag packed and ready. Everything is ready except baby. But, that is ok he still has some time left to enjoy mommy’s womb (aka his womb-cave).
33 Week Milestones & Current Events:
- Baby is the size of a pineapple
- Measuring between 17-19 inches in length and 4 – 6 lbs in weight
- Baby is rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look, and his skeleton is hardening
- Baby is extremely active
- Mommy is feeling more fatigued
- Mommy waddle is in full effect
- Pelvic pressure is in full effect (It feels like I have a soft ball size yoni egg just sitting in my pelvic area)
- It is getting even more difficult for me to sleep- tossing from side to side
- Cravings: ice, water, almond milk, whipped butter, toast, oreo cookie
For the information you all have been reading for: At 33 weeks I weigh 175.4 lbs. Slight and steady increases in my weight. Less weight gained, less that I will need to lose in order to return back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I am looking forward to get back into the swing of working out after baby. I have some real goals that I will be working to smash before the end of the year.
(Stay tuned for a blog post on my fitness goals after delivery)
I had my 33 week check up yesterday and my OB/Gyn is pleased with how well baby is growing according to the last ultrasound. Baby is still head down and deeply lodged into my pelvis so he is getting himself ready and is already in position for delivery. The amniotic fluid is decreasing as we near the big day so it is very important for me to up my water intake and be sure to remain well hydrated throughout the day. My next appointment will be in two weeks and then once a week up until delivery. We are betting that he will arrive any day between April 20th-30th. I told my mother in law that he will be either her’s or Abby’s birthday present. I guess the bet is on and we will have to just wait and see.